If, I have learned anything, from my, over four decades, of, working on several, political campaigns, it probably is, because many voters, seem to often, vote, based on their prejudice, and fears, they seem, unwilling to do the right – thing, and, therefore, refuse to proceed, with HOPE, instead! Unfortunately, this fear – oriented, thinking, is, what I call, stinkin’ thinkin’, because, the overall, philosophy, and mind – set, is, at – odds, with, the essential, Constitutional guarantees, and protections of freedoms, rights, and the core – concept, with liberty and justice, for all! We are currently witnessing, one of the major political parties, apparently, focusing their attention, and efforts, on, merely, holding office, rather than serving and representing the best interests, of most Americans! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Healing; head/ heart; humane; honest/ honorable: Regardless of one’s political affiliations, preferences, and beliefs, shouldn’t we demand, our representatives, proceed, in the most – humane, manner? This requires finding people, who will use, and align, both, their emotional, as well as logical components, in a head/ heart balance! They must emphasize, healing, the wounds, created, by the political rhetoric, and often, hatred, and proceed, prioritizing, being, the most honorable, possible! This will only occur, when, we begin electing people, who are, truly, and consistently, honest!
2. Options; opportunities; open – minded: How can we survive, in a meaningful way, in a relevant, and sustainable manner, unless/ until, leaders begin, refusing to accept, merely, the same – old, same – old, and refuse to, think – outside – the – box, striving to achieve, a genuine, meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good (instead of partisan politics)? Only, when these people, are open – minded, and consider various options and alternatives, seeking the finest opportunities, will this happen! Let’s say, no, to hate. prejudice, prejudgment, procrastination, and following our fears!
3. Priorities; perceptions; planning: Pay close attention, to what appears to be, any candidate’s personal priorities, and perceptions! Question, whether, someone, is capable, of quality, sustainable, strategic planning, and creating, a well – considered, action plan, to implement plans, based on hopes, instead of fears!
4. Empathy; emphasis; enrich; excellence; endurance; efforts: Public officials must proceed with genuine empathy, and place their emphasis, accordingly, in a quest to enrich all our citizens, and the nation! They must seek the utmost degree of excellence, instead of accepting, good – enough! They need the endurance, to persist, in their efforts, despite the obstacles, thrust in their paths!
5. System; solutions; sustainable; service: Blaming and complaining, and articulating a message, based on accusations, etc, rarely, create the desired results! We must seek, and elect individuals, who articulate a meaningful system, based on viable solutions, and sustainable direction! Otherwise, these people, will not provide, the level of service, we need, and deserve!
Wake up, America, and realize, our way of life, is under – attack, and we must make needed changes, sooner, rather than later! Only, when we base our voting, on our HOPES, instead of our fears, will we begin to make this nation, what we hope, will continue, standing – for, democratic rights, freedoms, etc!