One of the key reasons, so many Americans are disillusioned, and, fed – up, with politics, politicians, and the lack of any real progress, ever, achieved, is, they consistently, observe, even, issues, which should be, bi – partisan, and, would appear to be, common sense, because they serve the overwhelming, greater good, rarely, get achieved! Why do so many politicians, especially, Republicans, oppose, the proposed, Build – Back Better, proposals, even, though, polls indicate, the vast majority of Americans, support it? I’m mad as hell, and not going to take it, anymore! These famous words, from the movie, Network, may be, more – true, today, than ever, before, in recent memory! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 possible reasons, some of these politicians, refuse to support it.
1. Disagree with the ideas/ agenda/ priorities/ costs: This should be the only reason, for opposing any idea, which is, directed towards helping, the greater good! They may not feel the possibilities, are worth the costs! They might believe, the priorities, are not, that dire, etc! The ideas and agenda, may, be contrary, to one’s personal philosophy, and/ or, he doesn’t believe, it is beneficial, and/ or, valuable!
2. Political/ partisan: Everything should not be about partisan politics! When might politicians, if – ever, transform themselves, to quality representatives, and public servants? How can we achieve, any, needed, meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good, if, every vote, is, merely, along – party lines?
3. Self – interests: Serving and representing constituents, should be, about improving conditions, which affect, so many, instead of, focusing on a politician’s personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest!
4. Appeal to a specific core: True public leaders, after they are elected, must begin, representing, all, instead of, merely, their perceived, core supporters, and followers! Even, in a situation, like, this one, when, their core would benefit, their partisan political interests, create opposition, and stagnation!
5. They don’t care/ In someone’s pocket: I believe, some of these people, simply, don’t care, about doing, what’s right, or responsible, but, merely, focus on their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest! There is far – too much, influence, in our political system, based on, Political Action Committees, and, larger donors, who, seem to have, bought their souls!
While no legislation is perfect, it is way, past – time, to address the un – American direction, this nation, has moved – towards! We all must demand better, sooner, rather than later!